Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Programming » Java

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: How can i make AI and killing?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 pm 
n00b
n00b

Languages: Java
Text editor: Eclipse
Hello, so i have started an RPG game with slick through thenewboston's slick tutorials, i feel that i have progressed a lot with variables and drawing images/playing sounds etc. Anyway, i am using this game for my school project and if i have my question fully answered, then i will get a definite A* because the games i have seen that got an A* are really... not good.

Anyway what i need help with is i need to make AI of the monsters. I need them to walk around in a circle maybe every 2 seconds or something. And them hitting me if i get too close. What i also need help with is how to make an extremely simple fighting system. Just maybe press one button and i hit every 1 second and the monster hits me every 2 seconds and we both lose health after each hit. Lastly, i need animations. I tried to make an animation a gif image however the gif image was not animated in my applet.

I am using the code exatcly like in the videos where there is public void innit/render/update. That is all. All help is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: How can i make AI and killing?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 am 
Pro Member
Pro Member

Languages: Java, C++, C
Text editor: eclipse, codeblocks, xcode
Why not ask us to take the code that was given in the youtube tutorial and make a good game?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Programming » Java